What has four legs, a fin, scales, hooves and maybe even a tail?
It's The Paw Report!
Have you ever wondered about the best way to train a puppy? Need advice on how to calm your pet's fear of the vet's office? Think you know all there is to know about microchipping? The Paw Report aims to cover those topics and more by bringing you the latest information from area veterinarians and pet experts on pet health, ownership and everything else related to our furry and not so furry friends.
Want to See Your Pet on TV?
Your pet could be the next star of WEIU's new show, The Paw Report! Have a video or photo of your pet doing something funny or absolutely adorable? We'd love to share it with our viewers here at The Paw Report! Email it to us and you could see it on our show! Just make sure it's video taken by you or that you have permission to share it! For more information about how to get that video or photo to us, email us or call us at 217-581-5956.
If you are a veterinarian, trainer, groomer, specialist, rescue organization or shelter that would like to partner with The Paw Report by providing expert guests for the show or animals to be featured on our "Adoptable Pets" segment, please contact us by emailing us or calling 217-581-5956. If you have a topic you'd like to see on the show or questions for our experts, contact us with those too!
Production of The Paw Report is Made Possible in Part By:
Feb. 2, 2015
- Dogs are definitely curious and like to do all kinds of activities! It's easy to see why are four legged friends sometimes need first aid! But do you know what to do if something happens to your pet? When it comes to medical treatment, seconds and minutes can make a difference in a dog's recovery! On this episode of the Paw Report, Chelsea Ballinger with the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine joins us with information on what to do if you have a pet emergency at home!
Feb. 9, 2015
- We’re talking about Allergic skin disease on this week’s Paw Report. Dr. Gregory Mauck from the Kaskaskia Valley Animal Hospital says this is the number one issue his clinic is dealing with these days! Join us as we explore some changes happening in the treatment and management of pet allergies.
Feb. 16, 2015
- From the American Quarter to the Arabian, horses come in a variety of breeds. In fact, worldwide, there are more than a thousand different kinds of horses! On this episode of the Paw Report, horse enthusiast and owner Carol Daley joins us to talk all things equine!
Feb. 23, 2015
- For many of us, our pets are part of the family and not just a "dog" or "cat". When they pass on, the situation can be traumatic. On this episode of the Paw Report, we're joined by Cheryl Weber a social worker from the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine, who will discuss grief after the loss of a pet.
March 2, 2015
- Not a surprise this breed originated in Germany! The German Shepherd is known as the world's leading police, guard and military dog! On this episode of the Paw Report, we're joined by Charleston resident and lifelong German Shepherd owner Ann Spear who knows a few reasons why this breed is so popular in the United States!
March 9, 2015
- At one time or another, most of us have probably watched crime shows on television, but have you ever thought about CSI for animals? Forensic scientists may be called in for abuse cases, a poisoning, a hoarding investigation or dog fighting incident. On this episode of the Paw Report, we're joined by veterinary pathologist Dr. Adam Stern who will share his expertise on veterinary forensics.