What has four legs, a fin, scales, hooves and maybe even a tail?
It's The Paw Report!
Have you ever wondered about the best way to train a puppy? Need advice on how to calm your pet's fear of the vet's office? Think you know all there is to know about microchipping? The Paw Report aims to cover those topics and more by bringing you the latest information from area veterinarians and pet experts on pet health, ownership and everything else related to our furry and not so furry friends.
- Mondays at 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesdays at 12:30 p.m.
Want to See Your Pet on TV?
Your pet could be the next star of WEIU's new show, The Paw Report! Have a video or photo of your pet doing something funny or absolutely adorable? We'd love to share it with our viewers here at The Paw Report! Email it to Kate and you could see it on our show! Just make sure it's video taken by you or that you have permission to share it! For more information about how to get that video or photo to us, email Kate or call us at 217-581-6960.
If you are a veterinarian, trainer, groomer, specialist, rescue organization or shelter that would like to partner with The Paw Report by providing expert guests for the show or animals to be featured on our "Adoptable Pets" segment, please contact us by emailing Kate or calling 217-581-6960. If you have a topic you'd like to see on the show or questions for our experts, contact us with those too!
Season 1 Re-Airings
May 20, 2013
- We learn how to set up our own aquarium and choose the right fish with Rocco Sabuco from Petropics in Charleston.
May 27, 2013
- A new season of The Paw Report begins with Dr. Gregory Mauck from Kaskaskia Valley Animal Hospital in Sullivan. He discusses ticks and tick-borne diseases as well as how to treat and avoid them.
June 3, 2013
- Dr. Marci Kirk from Albin Animal Hospitals in Mattoon and Charleston tackles the difficult topic of euthanasia for pets. When is the right time and what are some memorials we can make to them? She’ll have those answers too.
June 10, 2013
- Dr. Sally Foote sinks her teeth into animal bite prevention on this episode. She’ll also cover how to approach unfamiliar animals.
June 17, 2013
- We'll cover the five most common mistakes when choosing a puppy. Ellen Johnson from the Charleston Area Dog Club is in studio to help make sure you make the right choices for your family.
June 24, 2013
- Dr. Elizabeth Clyde from Clyde’s Animal Clinic in Mattoon talks about veterinary technology like lasers and ultrasound.